I have always like salted egg yolk dish and will always order whenever we go out and eat. I feel that with salted egg yolk dish, one can hardly goes wrong. Of course, the only thing that could go wrong is my cholesterol level... :(
Only recently when i was browsing through recipes that i realise it is actually not hard to cook a salted egg yolk dish. Basically, you just need to fry whatever dish that u wanted, then prepare the salted egg yolk sauce and mix them together. So, gave it a try few days back and it was successful on first attempt :)
Love how this dish turns out.. One might think that using celery is weird, but it turns out to be soft and nice without the raw celery taste after cooking. Love it!
1. Pumpkin, a pinch of salt and black pepper, olive oil
2. Dried mushroom, soaked and remove the stalk, pat dry
3. Celery, cut to desired size
4. One egg
5. 1/2 cup tapioca flour
6. 1/4 cup of corn flour
7. 2 salted egg yolk
8. 2 tablespoon of butter
9. Curry leaves
10. Chilli padi (optional)
To prepare the pumpkin ball
1. Remove the skin and seeds from pumpkin
2. Cut to small pieces
3. Add salt, black pepper and olive oil
4. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree celcius for 15 minutes.
5. Mash the pumpkin, set aside.
Deep fried the pumpkin, mushroom and celery
1. Roll the pumpkin into ball shape.
2. Mix the tapioca flour with corn flour evenly.
3. Dip the pumpkin ball, mushroom, and celery into the egg and then the flour mixture
4. Deep fry until golden. Set aside.
Prepare the salted egg yolk sauce
1. Steam the egg yolk until its cooked. about 5 minutes
|Cooked egg yolk|
2. On a pan, melt the butter and then add the salted egg yolk and curry leaves...stir fry until the egg yolk turns slightly watery and bubbly as shown in picture.
3. Add the deep fried pumpkin ball, celery and mushroom. Stir well to coat.