Sugee cookies is one of my favourite cookies. I love the way they melt in your mouth.. a very satisfying feeling :) So, decided to make some sugee cookies to satisfy my craving.
The end results is good! They really melt in your mouth and i can't stop popping them into my mouth! My BIL loves it too, even requested for me to make one more additional batch for him.
Adapted the recipe from: Sugee Cookies
(Makes 68 medium sized sugee)
1. 250g Pure Ghee ( I use QBB Ghee)
|QBB Ghee.. there are other brands available too|
|This is how the ghee looks like inside|
3. 500g of plain flour
4. 2 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
5. 120g of icing sugar
6. 3/4 teaspoon of salt
1. Scoop the ghee onto a pan and melt the ghee over low heat until melted. It should takes slightly less than 5 minutes. Set aside and cool down to room temperature.
|Scoop some onto a pan using clean spoon|
|Melted over small heat.|
3. Sieve flour, bicarbonate soda, icing sugar and salt into a mixing bowl
4. Pour cooled ghee mixture into the flour mixture.
|Time to give them a good mix|
|Dough is ready|
7. Bake in preheated oven 180 degree celcius for 15-25 minutes or until its cooked.
Note: Do not overcook the cookies as the texture won't be melt in the mouth if its overcook. Check the biscuit at 15 minutes and cut one of them, if the inside is no longer sticky i.e.: cooked, then take the cookies out from the oven to cool down.
You may also like these for Chinese New Year:
Post a Comment