CNY is around the corner so make more cookies to share with family and friends. This is another successful melt in the mouth cookies. Got distracted by my son while making so forget to glaze the cookies before popping them into oven. Not so pretty looking but definitely yummy! This is a twist from my peanut cookies recipe :)
|Melt in the mouth green pea cookies|
(Make 150 cookies, about 3 small red CNY container)
1. 300g green pea (as shown in picture)
2. 120g icing sugar
3. 450g plain flour
4. 250g vegetable oil (or any tasteless oil e.g.: Sunflower oil, Canola Oil etc)
5. 1 egg yolk ( to glaze, optional)
|Green pea that I use.. (any brand will do, just the usual salted type)|
1. Grind the green pea using a blender until it turns into fine/medium sized grain (the grain might have a mixture of size but it is ok)
|After blending... "tornado look"|
|Mixture of small/medium sized grain|
2. Sieve the plain flour and icing sugar.
3. Add in green pea powder and vegetable oil.
|Place all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl|
|Mix well into a dough|
|Done.. ready to go into oven!|
7. Let it cool down for 15-20 minutes and store inside air tight container.