|Low Sugar Low Fat Banana Cake|
Few days back hubby bought a bunch of banana and today they suffered a mishap.. Usually my kids will go and fiddle around with them and then the banana will drop on the floor but today i think the banana are too ripe and the wind is too strong, so 4 of the remaining banana drop on the floor... And so they ended up in my oven!
Found this recipe online and i adapted it to make a low fat low sugar version.
1. 5 medium sized eggs
2. 80g brown sugar
3. 370g of ripe banana (i used 3 1/2 bananas)
4. 300g cake flour (You may substitute the cake flour with 263g of all purpose flour and 37g of corn starch)
5. 1 teaspoon of baking powder
6. 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda (baking soda)
7. 120g of oil
1. Sieve flour, baking powder and bicarbonate soda and set aside.
2. Whisk eggs, brown sugar and banana at high speed until the mixture double its initial amount, turns from bright yellow to pale yellow and the mixture is thicker than initial stage (as shown in picture)
3. Fold in the flour mixture using a spatula.
4. Add in oil and mix well.
5. Pour into baking tin and bake in preheated oven 160 degree celcius for 30-35 minutes ( i used 33 minutes) or until fork comes out clean when poke into cake and the top turn brownish.
|After baking with nice brownish colour|
Post a Comment