I have some leftover ribena in the fridge and found this easy to make ribena cheesecake. The colour is pretty with the twirls in it so decided to give it a try.
Hubby says it taste good, but the texture is a bit jelly-ish. If i were to re-attempt it again, i should reduce the amount of gelatine.
Recipe is from this blog:
Nevertheless, it is a nice and refreshing cake...
1. 150g digestive biscuit
2. 60g unsalted butter
1. 100ml water
2. 2 tablespoon of gelatine
3. 250g of cream cheese, soften at room temperature
4. 75g of castor sugar
5. 250ml of natural plain yogurt
6. 75ml of Ribena blackcurrent juice ( I used the unsweetened version of Ribena)
1. Crush the digestive biscuit using a roller and place it into your baking tin.
2. Pour melted butter over the biscuit and mix well. Press the biscuit mixture tightly using the back of a spoon.
3. Set aside in the fridge for 2 hours for the base to set.
4. Put the gelatine into 100ml of water and allow it to swell for 10 mins. Then place the gelatine into a pot of hot water and allow the gelatine to melt, set aside for it to cool down to room temperature.
5. Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
6. Add gelatine and yogurt, beat until mixture is smooth
7. Divide the mixture into two bowl and add the Ribena cordial into one of the bowl and mix well.
8. Spoon the two mixture in an alternate blobs into the chilled base. When it is done, swirl the mixture with a knife to create a marble effect.
9. Refrigerate overnight or at least 4-6 hours for the cheesecake to set.