|Portobello Mushroom Burger with Bacon (my second attempt)|
Went to Giant the other day and bought a packet of Portobello Mushroom cause its on offer. Came back and unsure what to do with it so decided to bake it as it is the easiest.
To my surprise, both Qin and Xin love it! I thought they might not fancy it because of the distinct taste of portobello mushroom and its my first time introducing it to them so i only bake half mushroom for each of them. Qin actually asked for a second serving so immediately went and bake her another one... and she finishes it as well.
At night prepare the mushroom for hubby as his supper and he loved it too! So the next morning, guess what is our breakfast? Its portobello mushroom sandwich again...
|Portobello mushroom sandwich with cheese|
1. Portobello Mushroom (as wished), cut off the stem
2. A pinch of ground black pepper, salt and dried oregano
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius
2. Sprinkle black pepper, salt and dried oregano on the mushroom as wished, spread it on the mushroom to coat the whole mushroom
3. Place the mushroom in the oven, the black side of the mushroom facing down.
5. Turn the mushroom around so that the top part of the oven can absorb the liquid release from the mushroom (as the top part is quite dry after the end of baking)
6. Place a piece of cheese on top of the black side of the mushroom, let the mushroom stay in the oven until the cheese melted (as shown in picture)
7. Serve with bread and other topping as wished (eggs, lettuce, etc)