|Chic fajitas with avocado tomatoes spread|
I had chicken fajitas a while back at TGIF and crave for them... so whipped up a simple Mexican meal for the family for a change :D We had chic fajita wrap and non-alcoholic lime margarita.
Hubby commented that it was quite nice :D so it is quite successful on first attempt.
To marinate chicken (A),
1. A packet of chicken breast about 200g (cut to long piece)
2. 1 tablespoon paprika powder
3. A pinch of cumin powder
4. Half a teaspoon of salt , a pinch of ground black pepper
5. 2 medium cloves of garlic (chopped finely)
6. 2 limes (cut half and squeeze juice out)
7. a pinch of chili powder (can omit if doesnt wan spicy)
8. one tablespoon of olive oil
For stir fry,
1. 2 medium size onions
2. 3 capsicum (one yellow, one red and one green)
3. A tablespoon of paprika powder
4. A pinch of sugar and salt
5. One tablespoon of lime juice
1. Mixed ingredients (A) and keep the marinated chicken in fridge for at least 30 mins (i kept it for 6 hours)
2. Heat oil in frying pan, add a little olive oil, stir fry onions and capsicum until cooked....add a tablespoon of paprika powder, a pinch of sugar, salt and one tablespoon of lime juice to taste...
3. Then, remove the onion and capsicum from the wok. Stir fry the marinated chicken until cooked and then add back the onion and capsicum to the wok.
|Capsicum (before stir fry)|
|Capsicum (after stir fry)|
For the wrap,
i bought two types , one is fr sheng siong (original flavour) and one fr ntuc (gardenia brand, garlic flavour) . The gardenia ones are better, cause they are softer. grill them for about 5 mins and keep warm by wrapping them in the aluminium foil until served.
For avocado and tomatoes spread,
I also mashed one avocado and mixed in some cut tomatoes (de-seed to prevent it becoming watery)- a very simplified version of guacamole.
You can also serve them together with plain yogurt and some shredded lettuce.
Made a simple lime margarita by blending ice, lime juice and a little bit of castor sugar... taste good and refreshing :)
i think everyone had a good time during the meal and so i am quite a happy mum :)
Post a Comment