|Crumbly Top Muffin..Pls excuse me for the ugly muffin. Really should invest in a muffin tray soon :)|
I used to try my best to make a special lunch for the kids at least once a week rather than having porridge everyday but ever since my little boy stop taking his morning nap, I find it rather difficult to prepare this special meal because usually my girl will help me with this special meal previously. I could still go ahead and prepare this special meal for them but my girl will want to help but with the boy around, it is almost impossible as he will stick his hand into everything and place them inside his mouth.
It has been about 2 months since my boy not napping in the morning and recently, I find that he is more able to listen to instructions and following them. Therefore, decided to make something special for the both of them today and to involve them in the cooking process.
|Di di putting the dried fruits in, jie jie helping to mix the fruits into the muffin mixture|
|Little boy is amazed how the mixed fruits are being sucked into the mixture|
I found this "To die for blueberries muffin" recipe online with many great reviews so make some changes to the recipe by reducing the sugar and oil, also i follow the crumbs top ingredients based on one of the reviewer.
The muffin turns out GREAT!!! Love the crumbs on top, it is really special and unlike conventional muffin recipe. Be generous with the crumbs, doesn't matter if the muffin doesn't looks good, it taste amazing!
This recipe is definitely a keeper!!!
(To make 6-8 muffins depending on muffin cup size)
1. 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
2. 1/4 cup of brown sugar
3. 1/2 teaspoon of salt
4. 2 teaspoon of baking powder
5. 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
6. 1 egg
7. 1/2 cup of fresh milk
8. A handful each of fresh blueberries/ dried cranberries and raisins
1. 1/3 cup of brown sugar
2. 1/4 cup of flour
3. 2 tablespoon of butter, at room temperature
For the crumbly top
1. Place the brown sugar, flour and butter together in a bowl and mix them evenly ( i used my fingers to mix them)
2. Set aside.
|Crumbly top mixture-ready to be sprinkle onto the muffin|
For the muffin:
1. Place the flour, brown sugar, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
2. Beat the milk, vegetable oil and egg together and pour them into the flour mixture.
3. Mix evenly until combine, do not over mix.
4. Fold in the blueberries, cranberries and raisins.
5. Pour the batter into muffin tray and sprinkle the crumbly top mixture generously.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree celcius for 18 minutes.
Post a Comment