This is one of my favourite juice. Got to try them few years back in JB, and then Penang. Every time i see this juice on the menu, will definitely order it.
Recently, I also got to try them in one of the restaurant in NUH Medical Centre, Penang Street and last week, i chanced upon this fruit in NTUC so of course i bought it home to give it a try. Priced at $1.45 per packet, it is definitely a steal.
(Make 2 glass of juice)
1. 15 medium sized ambra/kedondong fruit
2. 400ml of boiled water
3. 1 tablespoon of sugar, dissolve in small amount of hot water
4. 2 sour plums
5. Some ice cube (to serve)
1. Peel off the skin of the Ambra/Kedondong fruit. Then cut them into small pieces. The bigger fruit will have seed so need to remove the seed as well.
2. Cut them into small pieces as shown in picture.
4. Then sieve to separate the juice from the pulp.
5. Add one sour plum and some ice cubes into each glass.
6. Serve cold!