Tried this sugar coated yam at Putien and got addicted to it. Really yummy to munch although i can't eat too much at one time cause it is relatively sweet but the first few mouthful is additive..
It's ingredients are simple and method of preparation is easy too. A quick whip and a sweet dessert is served :)
Do buy Thailand Yam if its available as they are more soft :)
1. 300g of yam, peel off skin and cut into small cubes
2. 4 tablespoon of white sugar
3. 1 tablespoon of water
4. 1 tablespoon of toasted white sesame (place into oven preheated at 160 degree celcius for 5 minutes)
5. Oil to fry the yam
1. Deep fried yam until its cooked. The yam is cooked when it's soft. Set aside.
|After deep frying|
2. Discard the oil.
3. Add the sugar and water into a pan, and heat up until the sugar is melted.
4. Add sesame and yam into the pan, coat evenly with the sugar.
5. Serve hot and enjoy!