|"Kou Rou Bao" using lean pork|
I cooked the pork using my mum's braised pork belly recipe.Replaced pork belly with lean pork for healthier version :)
Recipe for braised pork belly:
For the "bao", i modify slightly from Angela's recipe from Facebook. Only reduce the sugar as this is a savoury dish, and switch Bao Flour to Hong Kong Flour as that is what i have at the moment.
Love how the "Kou Rou Bao" turns out :) It's yummy and by using the lean pork, i feel much healthier consuming them :)
(Make 8 Bao)
1. 1/2 tablespoon of instant yeast
2. 75ml of warm water
3. 1/2 teaspoon of white sugar
1. 250g of Hong Kong Flour
2. 3 tablespoon of white sugar
3. 4 tablespoon of vegetable oil
4. A pinch of salt
5. 4 tablespoon of water
6. Extra flour for dusting
7. A little oil to spread on the inner side of the bao
1. Mix the ingredients under starter in a bowl. Cover and set aside for 20 mins. You will see a layer of foam forming around 20 mins and it is done.
|Yeast starts bubbling|
|Double layers forming-yeast on top and water below|
|Dough for the "bao" ready for proof-ing|
4. The dough will be quite sticky so use flour to dust the the rolling pin and table. Take a handful of dough and roll them into an oval shape, dabble some oil onto the surface. Then fold the dough into half to form the shape.
5. Place the dough onto a baking paper, and place them to steam for 15 minutes or until the bun is cooked.
6. Serve hot.
Note: You can make the bun beforehand and put in fridge. Re-steam when required.
Post a Comment