|Chocolate Mille Crepe Cake|
Mille crepe cake is one of my favourite and ever since I tried it at Maco Bakery in Skudai, Johor, Malaysia, I always find myself went back for more. Ever since I moved to Dubai, I have yet found a nice mille crepe cake. It consists of 10-20 layers of thin layers crepe layered with whipped cream in between and tasted so heavenly. Although there are many times I search for its recipe but I have yet try to make them as I find it tedious to make the layers one by one.
One fine day, I decided to go ahead and make them and I am enjoying a piece while typing out this blog. To be exact, it is my second piece today :P Time to go for exercise after this!
As it is my first attempt, I find the whipped cream layer is a little too thin for my taste bud. I am definitely going to increase the amount of whipped cream and spread a more generous layer for my next attempt but for now, I am going to enjoy this chocolate mille crepe cake.
|Enjoying a slice now...|
|Mine made up of 18 layers and it is definitely a good size|
INGREDIENTS (Makes one 8 inches crepe cake):
For the thin crepe layers:
1. 400ml of full fat fresh milk
2. 1 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
3. 3 large eggs
4. 25g of butter, melted
5. 1 cup of cake flour
6. 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder
7. 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
For the fillings:
1. 240ml whipped cream or more according to taste.
2. 1-2 tablespoon of sugar (if you like it to be sweeter)
1. Place the milk and sugar in a saucepan and heat it up on low heat. Slowly stirred until all the sugar is dissolved.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and slowly add in the warm milk mixture. Whisk till combine.
|Beat the egg yolk|
|Add in warm milk/sugar mixture|
3. Add in the melted butter, whisk to combine.
4. Next , sieve the cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into the mixture by batches and whisk to combine.
|Sieve the cake flour mixture|
5. The mixture should looks runny as shown.
6. Once ready, cover the mixing bowl with a cling film and place them in the fridge for an hour to let it settle down.
|The batter should be very thin and flowy|
7. Heat up cooking pan on low heat. Using a kitchen towel, spread a thin layer of cooking oil and pour the batter in.
8. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sides looks crispy. Using a spatula, flip the crepe.
9. Once the crepe is cooked, remove and set aside to cool down.
10. Repeat until all crepes are cooked.
|Make 18 layers altogether|
11. Beat the whipped cream until stiff. Then assemble the crepe cake by putting a layer of whipped cream in between the crepe.
|Spread whipped cream in between layers|
12. Once it is done, sprinkle some cocoa powder on top and pop them into fridge overnight.
|Ready to pop into the fridge|
|Sprinkle some cocoa powder on top|
13. Serve chill :)
Post a Comment