|Chocolate Mille Crepe Cake|
One fine day, I decided to go ahead and make them and I am enjoying a piece while typing out this blog. To be exact, it is my second piece today :P Time to go for exercise after this!
As it is my first attempt, I find the whipped cream layer is a little too thin for my taste bud. I am definitely going to increase the amount of whipped cream and spread a more generous layer for my next attempt but for now, I am going to enjoy this chocolate mille crepe cake.
3. Add in the melted butter, whisk to combine.
|Enjoying a slice now...|
|Mine made up of 18 layers and it is definitely a good size|
INGREDIENTS (Makes one 8 inches crepe cake):
For the thin crepe layers:
1. 400ml of full fat fresh milk
2. 1 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
3. 3 large eggs
4. 25g of butter, melted
5. 1 cup of cake flour
6. 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder
7. 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
For the fillings:
1. 240ml whipped cream or more according to taste.
2. 1-2 tablespoon of sugar (if you like it to be sweeter)
1. Place the milk and sugar in a saucepan and heat it up on low heat. Slowly stirred until all the sugar is dissolved.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and slowly add in the warm milk mixture. Whisk till combine.
|Beat the egg yolk|
|Add in warm milk/sugar mixture|
4. Next , sieve the cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into the mixture by batches and whisk to combine.
5. The mixture should looks runny as shown.
|Sieve the cake flour mixture|
6. Once ready, cover the mixing bowl with a cling film and place them in the fridge for an hour to let it settle down.
7. Heat up cooking pan on low heat. Using a kitchen towel, spread a thin layer of cooking oil and pour the batter in.
|The batter should be very thin and flowy|
8. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sides looks crispy. Using a spatula, flip the crepe.
9. Once the crepe is cooked, remove and set aside to cool down.
10. Repeat until all crepes are cooked.
11. Beat the whipped cream until stiff. Then assemble the crepe cake by putting a layer of whipped cream in between the crepe.
12. Once it is done, sprinkle some cocoa powder on top and pop them into fridge overnight.
13. Serve chill :)
|Make 18 layers altogether|
|Spread whipped cream in between layers|
|Ready to pop into the fridge|
|Sprinkle some cocoa powder on top|