It's relatively easy to make. First prepare the fillings , just remove the skin and blend the roasted peanuts. Then add some sugar and mix well.
INGREDIENTS (Makes 10 Ang Ku Kueh):
1. 150g glutinous rice flour
2. 1 tablespoon of sugar
3. 1/8 teaspoon of salt
4. 2 drops of red food colouring
5. 125ml of hot water
6. 20ml cooking oil
1. First, mix the glutinous rice flour with salt and sugar.
2. Make a hole in the centre, add the hot water , followed by oil and food colouring.
3. Use a fork to mix well. When the dough cool enough to handle, use hand to knead into a pliable and shiny dough as shown.
4. Cover and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces. Then flatten each piece into a circle. Add the peanut fillings and close them up. Then flatten it.
6. Use a fork to design the sides as I did not have the Ang Ku Kueh mould.
7. Boil water in pot until it is boiling vigorously. Then place the ang ku kueh inside and steam for 8 minutes. Do open the lid every 2 minutes to let steam escape, this can ensure that the imprint on the kueh is maintained.
8. Once the ang ku kueh is done, brush the surface with some cooking oil.