|My attempt of decorating... hehe.. looks funny!|
One block of the cream cheese that I bought during a promotion few months back is expiring soon, so I look at my existing food supply and decided to make Mini Oreo Cheesecake.
As it is a relatively easy cake to make, it is also a good chance to involve my kids during the assembling. It can helps them to learn follow instructions and help them to practice their motor skills.
|Kiddos' version-side view|
(Make 8 Mini Oreo Cheesecake)
1. 24 Oreo Chocolate Cream Biscuit Crumbs (Crush into crumbs by placing the Oreo into plastic bag and crush using rolling pin)
2. 50g of butter
3. 250g of cream cheese, soften to room temperature
4. 1/3 teaspoon of vanilla extract
5. 200g of whipping cream
6. 9 Oreo Biscuit (Remove cream in middle, and break into medium pieces)
1. Place 1 1/2 tablespoon of Oreo Crumbs into each muffin hole.
2. Melt butter and place 1 tablespoon of melted butter into each muffin hole.
3. Mix well, and press down the biscuit mixture using the back of a spoon.
4. Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour.
5. Whip the whipping cream using mixer until medium peak. Set aside.
TIPS: Use high speed for 3-5 minutes or until the cream thickens, then reduce to low speed until it reached medium peak. This is how it will looks like: Medium Peak Whipped Cream.
6. Mix the cream cheese and vanilla extract until it is well combine.
7. Add the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and mix well for 1-2 minute until the mixture looks smooth. Do not over mix.
8. Add half cup of the Oreo Crumbs and all the Oreo biscuit pieces into the mixture. Fold in until just combine.
9. Scoop the mixture into the muffin hole and smooth the top using the back of a spoon.
11. Chill in fridge overnight or at least 4 hours.
12. Serve chill.