|Claypot Chicken Rice|
|Claypot Chicken Rice (close up)|
Found this clay pot recipe from noobcook(Noobcook claypot chicken rice) and made some modifications. Enjoy!
1. One chicken thigh, cut to small pieces
2. 4 Chinese dried mushrooms, soaked till soft and cut into half
3. 2 dried scallops
4. Half a cup of rice, washed and rinse off water
5. Half a cup of water
6. 4 tablespoon of olive oil
1. 1 1/2 tablespoon of oyster sauce
2. 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
3. 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil
4. 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper
5. 3 cloves of garlic, minced
6. 1 teaspoon of minced ginger
1. Using the ingredients from marinate, mix everything with the chicken thigh and dried scallops. Keep in fridge for 2-4 hours.
2. Heat up the claypot and add 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. When the oil is heated up, add the rice and fry the rice with the oil for 1 minute.
4. Add half a cup of water and cover the lid, cook for 10 minutes.
|The rice should looks more of less cook, dry before placing the ingredients on top!|
5. After 10 minutes, the rice should be more or less cooked, place the chicken and scallop onto the rice. Put the mushroom into the remaining marinate, then place the mushroom onto the rice. Drizzle 2 tablespoon of olive oil at the side of the rice so that they will form a nice crust.
6. Cover the lid, let it cook for 15 minutes.
7. By now, the chicken should be cooked already.
8. Switch off the stove and let the chicken rice continue to simmer in the clay pot for another 15 minutes.
9. Serve hot :)