|No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake (First Attempt)|
|No bake chocolate cheesecake (Second Attempt)|
Time spend: 30 minutes (excluding refrigeration time)
The first recipe that I am gonna share will be a very very yummy no bake chocolate cheesecake which i adapted from:
I found this recipe online and there are sooo many good comments and reviews from those who had tried.
For all the chocolate lovers, you will definitely love this recipe, the cheesecake is soooo chocolate-y and the steps required to make this cheesecake is very simple and on top of all that, you don't need an oven to make them.
I did some modification in the ingredients to fit my square pan and also to make it less sweet and more chocolate-ty.
I attempted this recipe twice and it is a success on both occasions.
You can keep them in the fridge for up to a week (although it is soooo good that it might not last that long :)))
1. 200g digestive biscuit
2. 80g unsalted butter
3. 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder
1. 180g of chocolate (i used 113g of Baker's unsweetened baking chocolate bar and top up to 180g with chocolate chip from silver bird)
2. 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
3. 150ml of whipping cream
4. 250g of cream cheese
5. 80g of caster sugar
1. Crush the digestive biscuits and mix well with the melted butter and cocoa powder. Press into a square tray (i used a 205mm x 205mm x 48mm tray) and refrigerate for an hour.
2. Whip cream until stiff peak stage. Add cooled melted chocolate and cocoa powder. Blend well and set aside.
3. Beat cream cheese and sugar until the sugar is well blended into the cream cheese. Fold in cream/chocolate mixture and mix well.
4. Spread the mixture into the square pan on top of the crushed biscuits. Refrigerate overnight and serve. ( I serve mine with blueberry and icing sugar on first attempt and mixed fruits on second attempt)
|Baker's Chocolate Bar|
|Crushing the digestive biscuit with rolling pin|
|Mixed crushed digestive with melted butter and press firmly onto the aluminium tray|
|melt chocolate using double boil method|
|using an ikea pan and an aluminium plate to melt chocolate|
|whipping cream that i used|
|this is how the cream looks like before whipping|
|whip cream using an electric mixer|
|This is how the cream looks like after whipping|
|whipped cream texture|
May I know where can I get Baker's unsweetened baking chocolate bar & Arla brand whipping cream?
I am not sure where u stay but if you stay in spore, you can get them in Sheng siong, a local supermarket. Otherwise, you could use other brand of whipping cream n chocolate. For whipping cream, I have tried using embrog brand as well. And for chocolate, any unsweetened cooking chocolate will do. If you do use the sweetened chocolate then reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe. Hope this helps :)