|Chicken Mushroom Rice|
As i was busy preparing food for picnic the other day (making apple oatmeal muffin and white bread for our picnic), I decided to make something simple for dinner tonight...
To my surprise, hubby says that this is one of the best dinner he ever had... (he actually had some fried chicken and wrap from KFC before coming home... ) and he still finishes his share of rice for the day. I am really surprise....
1. 2 pieces of drumstick thighs
2. 8 small chinese dried mushrooms
3. 1 medium size dried fish maw
4. 2 medium size dried scallops
5. A handful of dried prawn
6. One cup of rice
7. 4 cloves of garlic
Marinate for chicken (MIXTURE A):
1. 3 tablespoon of oyster sauce
2. 3 tablespoon of soya sauce
3. 1 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
4. 2 tablespoon of sesame oil
5. Half teaspoon of ground black pepper
1. Cut the chicken thigh into small pieces and marinate them with MIXTURE A for a few hours ( i marinate mine for 5 hours)
2. Soak the mushroom, fish maw until soft and cut them into small pieces
3. Wash the dried prawn and scallops, then soak them in water (i soak for about 2 hours and keep the water)
4. Wash the rice and measure the amount of water required to cook the rice using rice cooker. Pour the water out into a container and put the rinsed rice into a rice cooker.
5. Stir fry garlic until slightly brownish and then add dried scallop and dried prawn. Stir fry until fragrant, then add fish maw and mushroom.
6. Add chicken together with all the marinate sauce(MIXTURE A) and cook until the chicken is slightly opaque.
7. Then add the water from the scallop/dried prawn and water measured from the rice (i discarded some of the water from the rice and compensate them with the water from scallop)
8. Continue stirring for a while until the water boil. Let it boil for about 2-3 minutes then transfer everything to the rice cooker and mix them together.
9. Cook the rice using the rice cooker (using the same setting as cooking normal white rice)
|Stir frying in process (before adding the water)|
|Mixture of meat and rice in rice cooker (before cooking)|
Post a Comment