|Crunchy on the outside, soft inside!|
Inspired by one of the post in Facebook SHC Group, decided to make some Chocolate Chips Marshmallows Cookies since I have a big packet of marshmallow lying around....
Plus, i love chewy cookies and always buy them at "Reduced to Clear" section in Sainsburry when I was studying in UK, so wanted to try and see if i can make some myself :)
Found one recipe online (Chocolate Marshmallows Cookies) and looks easy enough. As there are plenty of chocolate chips and marshmallows in the recipe, i omitted the sugars and it still tasted great!
However, I did a mistake by not hiding the marshmallow inside the dough so after baking, the exposed marshmallow becomes quite crispy. Other than that, it was yummy! Will definitely make this again soon and i am gonna to hide all the marshmallow on my next attempt :)
(Made 15 cookies)
1. 1/4 cup of butter, softened at room temperature and a little more for greasing
2. 1 egg
3. 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4. 140g of all purpose flour
5. 10g of unsweetened cocoa powder
6. 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (bicarbonate soda)
7. 1/8 teaspoon of salt
8. 2/3 cup of chocolate chips
9. 1/4 cup of marshmallow (cut into small pieces using scissors)
1. Cream butter using a mixer until smooth.
2. Add in egg and vanilla extract, mix well to combine.
3. Sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir in the flour mixture into the butter mixture, combine well.
5. Mix in the chocolate chips and the marshmallow into the mixture.
6. Place a baking sheet onto the baking pan, grease the baking sheet with butter.
7. Depending on the size of cookies intended, roll the dough into small ball, ensure that the marshmallow goes into the cookies and not on top of the cookies to ensure that the marshmallow will not get burn during the baking process.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 190 degree Celcius for 10 minutes or until cookies is cooked.
9. Remove from oven and let it cool for 1 minute. Then transfer the cookies to cooling rack to cool down.
Post a Comment