Sharing one of a pasta sauce variation for kids using fresh milk, cheese and shitake mushroom as sauce. It is more healthy than store bought pre packed pasta sauce and the ingredients are readily available.
If shitake mushroom is not available, it can be substituted with brown mushroom or button mushroom.
(Serves 2 kids , 3 years old and 21 months)
1. 50g spaghetti, break into small pieces
2. 8 shitake mushroom, cut to small pieces
3. A handful of chop broccoli and carrot (or other vegetable)
4. 3 cloves of garlic, minced
5. 2 slices of cheddar cheese
6. 200ml of fresh milk (full cream)
7. 3/4 tablespoon of butter (no need to be exact)
8. 1 tablespoon of flour
9. A pinch of ground black pepper (optional)
1. Boil a pot of salt water and cook the spaghetti until cooked.
2. Drain and run the cooked spaghetti under cold water, set aside.
3. Add butter into a heated pan, after butter is melt, add garlic, fry for 1 minute.
4. Add mushroom, fry for 1-2 minutes and add flour. Toss to coat the mushroom with flour.
5. Add fresh milk, bring to boil and add vegetables.
6. Let the sauce thickens and add the cheddar cheese and spaghetti. Stir well until combine.
7. Add a pinch of ground black pepper if required.
8. Serve hot.
Post a Comment