|Marshmallow chocolate chunk cookies|
But my 2 kids and hubby weren't too keen with them. They commented the cocoa powder taste is too much for them, understandably cause kids usually prefer something more sweet and not so dark chocolate-y.
This time round, i omitted the cocoa powder, and use chocolate chunks instead as i ran out of chocolate chips. Hubby says "wow, this is so much better than the previous version". Even my kids ask for more :) It is a success!!! But the looks weren't too pretty this time, we were too greedy with marshmallow so the cookies kinda cracked during baking. Nevertheless, yummy!
(Made 15 cookies)
1. 1/4 cup of butter, softened at room temperature and a little more for greasing
2. 1 egg
3. 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4. 150g of all purpose flour
5. 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (bicarbonate soda)
6. 1/8 teaspoon of salt
7. 1 cup of chocolate chunks (I use normal store bought chocolate with nuts and cut them into small chunks)
9. 1/4 cup of marshmallow (cut into small pieces using scissors)
1. Cream butter using a mixer until smooth.
2. Add in egg and vanilla extract, mix well to combine.
3. Sieve flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir in the flour mixture into the butter mixture, combine well.
5. Mix in the chocolate chunks into the mixture.
6. Place a baking sheet onto the baking pan, grease the baking sheet with butter.
7. Depending on the size of cookies intended, roll the dough into a small ball, make an opening and stuff 1-2 small pieces of marshmallow inside. Do not put too much marshmallow cause they will expand during baking.
|Ready to go into oven|
8. Bake in preheated oven at 190 degree Celcius for 10 minutes or until cookies is cooked.
9. Remove from oven and let it cool for 1 minute. Then transfer the cookies to cooling rack to cool down.
Post a Comment