I love the pretty brown colour on the skin and the trick is to control the oil used when making the Dorayaki.
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 Dorayaki):
1. 4 medium sized eggs
2. 40g white sugar
3. 2 tablespoon honey
4. 160g of plain flour
5. 1 teaspoon of baking powder
6. 1-2 tablespoon of water (adjust according to the texture of the mixture)
7. 500g of red bean paste
1. Place the eggs, sugar and honey into a large mixing bowl. Beat them until fluffy (as shown).
2. Add the plain flour and baking powder. Mix well and cover with cling film.
|Beat the mixture until fluffy|
3. Place into fridge to rest for 15 minutes.
4. Add in 1-2 tablespoon of water. Its ready when the mixture is smooth and runny as shown.
5. Using a kitchen towel, oil the surface of a non stick pan on low heat. Only apply a very thin layer of oil.
6. When bubbles form on the surface of the batter, flip over. You should get an even pretty brown colour.
7. Cover the Dorayaki in damp towel to prevent drying while continue to make the rest of the Dorayaki.
|Cover with cling film and put into the fridge|
|Add water until mixture is slightly runny|
|Place on an oiled pan|
8. Place red bean paste in between two pieces of the Dorayaki pancake.