|Home made fish ball|
Few types of fish can be used to make fish ball (those with special substance in them to make them stick together after mixing)... e.g.: mackerel, Xi Dao Fish (Ikan Parang, not sure whats its english name), yellow-tailed fish etc...
As my dad brought back some yellow-tailed fish from his recent fishing trip, mum decided to use those to make us fishball so i am in for a treat :) And great chance to blog her fish ball making steps....
|Fish used-yellow tailed fish|
(Makes about 18-20 fish balls)
#Didn't manage to weigh all the ingredients so all is just estimation
1. 14 small size yellow-tailed fish, remove the fish scales
2. Some ice cubes in ice water
3. A pinch of salt and sugar (as wished)
1. Scrap all the fish meat from the fish using a spoon.
2. Double check the fish meat using hand to make sure there is no fish bones.
3. Place the fish meat on a chopper board and minced the fish using a knife, adding some ice cubes and ice water, a bit at a time.
TIPS: Adding the ice cubes and ice water ensures the freshness of the fish.
5. Add the salt and sugar. Give them a good mix until they are sticky enough to shape into ball-shaped.
6. Shaped them into balls and put them into a bowl of ice water. Put the fish ball into the fridge for about an hour or so.
|Making into balls|
7. Add them into boiling soup or cook them any way you like.