Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Cook: Potato Salad

Potato Salad
Salad is usually not my "thing". I hardly eat salad, probably because I prefer my meal to be hot but I chanced upon potato salad on my flight on Emirates recently and I was wow-ed by the potato salad. In-flight meal is usually not great (no, I am not taking Business class, just the usual economy class) but the potato salad served was deeeeelicious. I make it a point to make it once so when I got back, I did some research and decided to give it a try.
Most recipes called for a specific type of potatoes but I just use what I have, its just a common normal potato and it tasted great too. I guess the important bits is to drizzle some vinegar(I use apple cider vinegar) on the potato after cutting them.
There are many variations in the recipes I found online, ingredients really depends on what you like. I simplified mine to just a few ingredients plus one type of dressing to make things really simple. So I am gonna share the potato salad the way I like it.

INGREDIENTS (Serves 6):

1. 4 large potatoes
2. 1 cucumber, remove skin and cut into little cubes
3. 3 hard boil eggs, cut into small pieces
4. 1 stalk of green onion, cut into small pieces
5. Half a medium onion, cut into small pieces
6. Mayonnaise , to taste
7. A pinch of salt and pepper
8. Some bacon (optional)

METHODS:

1. Clean the potato and boil them on medium low heat.
2. It is cooked when you can put a fork through it.
3. Pour away the hot water and let the potatoes soak in cold water for a bit.
4. Remove the skin by just peeling them off using your hand. If it doesn't goes off, use the back of the spoon to scrap them.


5. Cut the potatoes into small cubes.
6. Prepare and cut all the other ingredients (hard boiled egg, cucumber, red onion and spring onion).
7. In a bowl, toss the ingredients together with some mayonnaise, salt and pepper. 


8. Give them all a good mix and put them in the fridge for at least an hour or more. It keeps in the fridge for 2-3 days.


9. Top with some bacon before serving to give them an extra wow!
10. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment