Sticky pork is one of my sis and my favourite... It always come to our mind when mummy asked what would we like for lunch or dinner... Apparently, my mum learn this from my granny and now my sis and me loves to cook them for our family too :)
Plus, it is really a quick dish to whip up, just marinate in the morning or overnight. Take it out and deep fried... one dish is done :)
The secret lies in the corn flour so put a lot of them for it to be sticky, and when it is done, drizzle with dark soy sauce, i love seeing how the soya sauce react with the oil to form tonnes of bubbles. I feel like a chef when it does.. haha!!!
1. 150g of pork belly (or use lean pork for healthier version), cut into medium-sized thin strips (3-5cm long)
2. 3 cloves of garlic, minced
3. 1 1/2 teaspoon of light soya sauce
4. 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
5.1 teaspoon of sugar
6. 4 tablespoon of corn flour
7. 1 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
8. chopped fresh chilli padi, optional
1. Marinate the pork with garlic, light soya sauce, sesame oil, sugar and chilli padi for 4-6 hours.
2. Before frying, take them out from the fridge and add corn flour, mix well.
3. Deep fry until it is golden. Tips: When frying, use medium heat and let the pork turns golden before flipping them to the other side, it may takes few minutes for that to happen. This is to ensure that it is more crispy :)
4. When it is done, add dark soya sauce and coat well.
5. Serve hot!