|Our homemade pretzel|
I have always loved Auntie Anne's Pretzel and one afternoon, I decided to make some pretzel for afternoon tea. Look how cute my boy modelling our homemade pretzel.
I am quite happy with this recipe and planning to make different variety next time with parmesan cheese or sesame seed. For this round, I only use sea salt as that is the only topping I have at home.
INGREDIENTS (makes 16 pretzels):
1. 350g white bread flour ( I only have wheat bread flour so I use those instead so my dough is brownish in colour as seen)
2. 150g plain flour
3. 1 teaspoon salt
4. 2 tablespoon of caster sugar
5. 2 teaspoon of dried yeast
6. 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
1. 1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
2. Coarse sea salt/parmesan cheese/sesame seed
3. 1 egg, beaten
1. Sprinkle yeast over 300ml of warm water. Stir, and leave it for 5 minutes. Then add oil into the mixture.
2. Place the bread flour, plain flour, salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
3. Gradually pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture, mixing them to form a soft dough.
11. Meanwhile, mix the bicarbonate soda in 2 teaspoon of boiling water.
12. Brush the pretzel with the bicarbonate soda mixture. This will gives pretzel dark colour and chewy exterior.
Post a Comment