Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Eat: Toby's The Dessert Asylum @ Trade Hub 21, Singapore

Toby's The Dessert Asylum was one of the recommended hidden gem in the east. Previously located at Marine Parade, now it has found a new home at Trade Hub 21.

I went with expectations but was slightly disappointed.

I ordered Aglio Olio with mushroom. I have to say I had better Aglio Olio elsewhere.

Aglio Olio, $11.95
One might say that I did not try their signature dish but we did. Hubby went for their recommended BBQ Pork Rib but he did not quite like it as well. The pork is not well marinated and the sauce is not flavourful enough. 

BBQ Pork Rib, $19.90
Price are medium ranged and possibly considered good price for American Style Restaurant serving western food. DBS/POSB card holder get 10% off as well.

Desserts fare better than the main courses I must say. I ordered a strawberry cheesecake mud pie and I quite like the combination of it. Sweet strawberry ice cream goes pretty well with the cheesy cheese cake. Thumbs up for their desserts.

Strawberry cheesecake mud pie

There are some promotion for weekday. Example: 50% off main courses on Friday, 1 for 1 pizza on Monday and weekday tea time and lunch promotion.

I guess I would not mind going for the promotional deal and probably sample some of their other dessert choice but they could definitely do better with the quality of their main courses and their service as well. We had to keep requesting for the staff to top up our water on a non-packed non busy day.. Staff definitely need to be more attentive.

TOBY'S THE DESSERT ASYLUM
TradeHub 21
#01-35, 8 Boon Lay Way
Singapore 609964
Opening Hours: 11am to 10pm DAILY

No comments:

Post a Comment