|Amazing hotdog pretzel|
INGREDIENTS (makes 8 hotdog pretzel):
1. 150g wheat bread flour (can be substituted with plain bread flour)
2. 100g plain flour
3. Half teaspoon of salt
4. One tablespoon of sugar
5. One teaspoon of yeast
6. Half tablespoon of sunflower oil
7. Eight hotdogs
8. One tablespoon of bicarbonate soda
9. A pinch of sea salt and some parmesan cheese for the topping
1. Dissolve one teaspoon of yeast into 150ml of warm water. Leave it for 5 minutes and add the sunflower oil.
2. Place the wheat bread flour, plain flour, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the yeast mixture into the flour mixture and knead until a dough is formed.
10. Bake in preheated oven (200 degree Celcius) for 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.
4. Place the dough into an oiled mixing bowl and cover with cling wrap and wet towel for 2 hours until it has doubled its size.
5. Put the dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead for a few minutes and divide into 8 parts.
6. Take one part, roll it into a long cylinder and wrap them around the sausage as shown.
7. Leave the sausage roll on baking sheets and cover with oiled cling film and wet tea towel.
8. Leave them to puff for 30 minutes.
9. Dissolve the bicarbonate soda in 1 litres of water and poached the hotdogs. Then dry the poached hotdog using tea towel and sprinkle them with sea salt and parmesan cheese.