I was travelling for the past 2 weeks and came across this super yummy tiramisu from a restaurant in Perth called Ciao Italia. They serve the best tiramisu i have ever tasted.. So, came a thought to re-create the tiramisu during my trip. This is the first time i made desserts during travelling... it was fun, buying local ingredient and whipping up the dessert in someone else's kitchen...
Although, i didn't manage to recreate the exact taste from the restaurant, but i am happy with my piece of work :) yummy! and love the feeling of cooking overseas :)
1. 12 sponge fingers
2. 4 teaspoon of coffee powder
3. 2 teaspoon of cocoa powder
4. 250g of mascarpone cheese
5. 6 tablespoon of thickened cream
6. 3 teaspoon of sugar
7. Half teaspoon of vanilla extract
8. Cocoa powder for dusting
|Woolsworth Select Thickened Cream and Mascarpone Cheese|
1. Add half cup of warm water into the coffee and cocoa mixture. Stir well and set aside.
2. For kids version without coffee, add half cup warm water into mixture of 4 teaspoon cocoa and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
3. Mix well mascarpone cheese, thickened cream, sugar and vanilla extract. Taste and see if the sweetness is suitable, if not, add more sugar.
4. Soak the fingers one by one in the coffee mixture until it is well soak. I mashed it a bit so that it can fit into the cup and wine glass.
5. Then add the mascarpone cheese mixture onto the sponge biscuit layer.
6. Repeat step 4 and 5.
7. Sprinkle a layer of cocoa powder.
8. Repeat step 4 and 5 again.
9. Lastly, sieve a layer of cocoa powder on the top.
10. Chill in fridge for at least 4 hours to let the layers soak up together and serve :) Enjoy!
|Nicely decorated in wine glass|
|Close up of the tiramisu layers|