|Sweet Sour Pork Rib|
Sweet sour dishes are one of the most commonest and well-liked dish in most chinese restaurant even in those abroad... When i was studying in the UK few years back, this is almost ordered by all the ang moh that patronise chinese restaurant.. i would say this is their most favourite chinese dish...
The ingredients to cook sweet sour pork is simple and this is also one of the few dishes that i learn in my early cooking days when i was studying :) well liked by my hubby as well. When i cook this recently, hubby commented that " you should cook this everyday, it reduces my risk of eating variable quality of food everyday :P"... i am not sure if i should take that as a compliment or complain....
well, the recipe is as below is anyone is interested...
1. 250g of pork rib
2. 1 medium sized tomatoes, diced
3. 3 medium sized potatoes, diced
4. 1 medium sized carrot, diced
5. 1/2 cup of tomato ketchup
6. 2 teaspoon of corn flour
7. 2 cloves of garlic, minced
1. 3 tablespoon of soya sauce
2. 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
3. 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper
4. 3 tablespoon of corn flour
1. Marinate the pork rib with the marinate ingredients for at least 2 hours.
2. Heat oil and deep fried the pork rib until golden brown. Set aside. Do ensure that it is fully cooked in the middle, as the ribs are thick and sometimes the inside is not fully cooked.
|Fried pork rib until golden brown.|
3. Fried the potatoes and carrot until its cooked. Set aside
|Fried the potatoes and carrot until cooked|
4. Now to prepare the sauce, stir fry garlic until its fragrant. Then add tomatoes and stir fry for one minute.
5. Add tomatoes sauce and the fried pork rib, potatoes and carrot.
6. Then, mix the corn flour with 3 tablespoon of water and add into the mixture
7. Stir well and heat up until the sauce is hot and bubbly.
8. Serve hot.
Post a Comment