Sorry that I haven't been posting my cooking recipe for the longest time. The past 2 months has been quite busy for me as I had quite a bit of travelling, mostly accompanying my parents and in-laws for holiday. Actually was pretty tiring travelling back to back despite my previous belief that travelling is more fun than tiring.
Am back for a week and will be going on school holiday trip with the kiddos in 3 days time. Found a chance to do a quick fix lasagna as I had ran out of ideas of simple quick thing to cook besides fried rice, porridge etc. So, this will be my quick easy lasagna using Instant Lasagna Oven Ready Lasagna Sheets.
|Instant Lasagna Sheets|
It turns out to be quite nice actually and I enjoyed my home cook meal :)
(Serves 2-3 adults)
1. 100g Instant Lasagna Sheets
2. 2 tablespoon cooking oil ( I use olive oil)
3. 1 onion, finely chopped ( I omitted as I didnt have any in my fridge)
4. 1 carrot (finely chopped)
4. 3 cloves of garlic, minced
5. 500g of minced beef ( I bought slices of beef and minced on my own-figure will be less fat)
6. 680g Prego Italian Sauce (tomato based)- This is pasta based actually-can use other brand as well- I just took whatever is in the fridge
7. Salt and black pepper to taste
8. 2 tablespoon of butter
9. 2 tablespoon of plain flour
10. 2 cups milk
11. 125g mozzarella cheese
1. Heat oil in pan. Add onion, carrots and garlic.
2. Stir fry until carrot is slightly soft.
3. Add minced beef and stir fry until cooked.
|Stir fry carrots and minced beef|
4. Add Prego Italian Sauce, salt and pepper.
5. Simmer for 10-20 minutes until the sauce is thicken as shown.
7. In another saucepan, melt the butter and add in plain flour.
8. Stir well to mix. Add milk, salt and pepper.
9. Simmer under medium heat until sauce thickens - about 10-15 minutes.
10. Remove from heat. Add in mozzarella cheese and combine until the cheese melted. The cheese sauce is now ready.
11. Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
|Cheese sauce ready|
12. Assemble the lasagna. Add a layer of meat sauce at the bottom of the baking dish.
13. Alternate layer of lasagna sheets, meat sauce and cheese sauce until the top of the baking dish.
14. The last layer should be the cheese sauce.
15. Finish with sprinkle of mozzarella cheese to cover the sauce.
16. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the cheese melted and browned.