It was a rainy day today and I decided to make some fluffy pancake for lunch... This is a simple recipe, great for a quick bite or breakfast :)
|Lots of "hole"|
|Top with your favourite topping!|
(Make 5 pieces of medium sized pancake)
1. 135g of plain flour
2. 1 teaspoon of baking powder
3. 1/2 teaspoon of salt
4. 1 tablespoon of sugar
5. 130ml of fresh milk
6. 1 large egg
7. 2 tablespoon of butter, melted and allowed to cool slightly (about 5 minutes)
1. Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl. Add baking powder, salt and sugar into the flour.
2. Place the milk and egg in another bowl and give it a quick whisk.
3. Add the milk/egg mixture into the flour mixture bowl and mix well using a fork until the batter is smooth.
4. Add butter and mix well until all melted butter is incorporate and no lumps. The mixture will be quite thick as shown in picture.
5. Let the mixture stand for 5-10 minutes.
6. Heat up a non-stick pan and add some butter.
7.When the butter melted, add a ladle of batter onto the pan. Using the back of ladle, smooth the mixture into a round shape.
8. Turn the pancake to the other side after seeing bubble forming on top of the pancake as shown. It will take a few minutes.
9. Once both side is browned, it is ready. Repeat until all batter is used up.
|Bubble forming, time to turn the pancake.|
10. Serve with your favourite topping. I drizzle some maple syrup and serve with a knob of butter and a handful of dried cranberries.