|Sticky rice cake with red bean fillings|
I have made some red bean paste and it serves as a good base for making different afternoon tea snack. Made some red bean bun previously and Dorayaki. Today I have made sticky rice cake that is filled with red bean paste, its served warm and tasted great.
Red bean paste is also available commercially but I find them too sweet at times. Its not hard to make the paste, it's just time consuming.
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 pieces):
1. 125g glutinous rice flour
2. 1/3 to 1/2 cup of water
3. 3/4 cup of red bean paste
4. some sesame seed
1. Weight 125g of glutinous rice flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Slowly add water and knead to form a dough (will use between 1/3 to 1/2 cup of water). The dough formed should be easy to shape and does not break when it's shaped.
|Dough is ready |
3. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions, rolled into a sphere shape.
4. Take each portion and flatten them as shown.
|Flatten the dough|
5. Add the red bean fillings in the middle and close it up.
|Close up the edges|
6. Flatten the sticky rice cake slightly on top of the sesame seeds.
|Add sesame seeds|
7. Add one tablespoon of oil into a non stick frying pan. Pan fried the sticky rice cake until it turns golden.
8. Serve warm. Enjoy!
|Its ready...nice and warm|
Post a Comment