|Sticky rice cake with red bean fillings|
How to make red bean paste: https://eatplaycook22.blogspot.com/2018/09/cook-red-bean-paste.html
Red bean paste is also available commercially but I find them too sweet at times. Its not hard to make the paste, it's just time consuming.
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 pieces):
1. 125g glutinous rice flour
2. 1/3 to 1/2 cup of water
3. 3/4 cup of red bean paste
4. some sesame seed
1. Weight 125g of glutinous rice flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Slowly add water and knead to form a dough (will use between 1/3 to 1/2 cup of water). The dough formed should be easy to shape and does not break when it's shaped.
4. Take each portion and flatten them as shown.
5. Add the red bean fillings in the middle and close it up.
6. Flatten the sticky rice cake slightly on top of the sesame seeds.
7. Add one tablespoon of oil into a non stick frying pan. Pan fried the sticky rice cake until it turns golden.
8. Serve warm. Enjoy!
|Flatten the dough|
|Close up the edges|
|Add sesame seeds|
|Its ready...nice and warm|