|My potatoes patties|
|Soft inside, crispy outside|
Made some simple and yummy potatoes patties today to go with plain porridge. Great way to hide "vegetable"... my kids love them especially my daughter who kept praising me, saying that the dishes i cook is very nice.. well, as long as they eat happily then i cook happily.
Aunt and SIL also came over for dinner and commented that these potatoes patties are nice too.. they love it :)
I like the texture too, it is crispy outside and soft inside... enjoy!
(Serves 4 adults as one of the dishes)
1. 5 medium sized potatoes, cut into thin slices
2. Cauliflower ( i use an estimate, roughly cauliflower to potatoes ratio is 1:2)
3. A bunch of spring onions (about 10), cut into 3-4cm long
4. 1 egg
5. Breadcrumbs (enough to coat the patties)
6. Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Steam the potatoes and cauliflower until soft. Set aside until it is not too hot to handle with hand.
2. Mash the potatoes and cauliflower using fork.
3. Add egg, spring onions, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
4. Scoop a spoonful of the mixture, pat them into a circle in your hand (the mixture is quite soft and slightly runny at this point)
5. Using the other hand, take a handful of breadcrumbs and cover the patties.
6. Turn to the other side and cover them as well.
7. Slowly place the patties into your frying pan, they can be quite fragile.
8. Deep fried until golden brown.
Post a Comment